There are just so many reasons why Sundays are awesome, (this one in particular has just been stellar), and if you’ll allow me, I’d love to share some of those reasons with you! (I also like making lists in case ya’ll haven’t noticed already.)
1. If I’m lucky, I get to work on one of the various projects my friends are filming over the weekend. From producing to catering to photography to extra’ing, I’ve gotten the chance to work on so many awesome projects with fantastic people over the last year and a bit and I could not be happier with the results!
This is a production still from this weekend’s Bob&Andrew Shoot. Clearly there is no Bob to be found in this photo, because he was booked to direct a port-short this weekend, which I also got the opportunity to work on, this time as an extra. (More on my experience on Bob&Andrew coming shortly — as well as more awesome pictures.) (FYI, that lovely lady in the picture is Lauren Martin! And you all know Andrew! And if not, YOU SHOULD!)
2. I get to eat skittles in bed while working on blog posts.
3. I sing along to really loud music while cleaning my apartment and feel like a rockstar.
I have no real reason for posting this picture, it was just the most rockstar looking picture I had which says a lot about how little I’m photographed haha.
4. I got to talk to 4 of my wonderful friends on the phone today for a total of 3 hours. They are all such amazing people and I’m glad to get to catch up on each of their lives and compare stories and dramas.
5. I had a breakthrough when discussing the ‘mo show today on set, and wanted to start writing again!
6. My eyebrows are almost back. The only way to describe how I feel about this is as follows: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! And that still doesn’t do it justice. I’ve had a lack of eyebrows for the last year or so because I’m crazy and tweeze them all the time. A few months ago I bought this gel to make them grow back and IT’S WORKING PEOPLE.
Lol so I literally finished plucking as I took this picture so you can see all the red marks, but you get the idea. Gimme another month and I probably won’t have to pencil them in!
7. I finally caught up on some much-needed baking therapy, and made some thank you gifts for some of the truly amazing people in my life.
8. I actually met Greg Brown (DoP extraordinaire) face to face for the first time today and also had our first meeting in regards to MoT with our director, Ryan Jackson. It was a really great first meeting and I’m positive I’ve got the right people together to make this show a huge success and I can’t wait to see what the next few months have in store for us! – and on that note, if you’re as awesome as a Sunday, you should go vote for his ending “Suddenly : Flavor Master Transforms” in the Doritos’ Contest! It takes 2 seconds to sign up via your FB account and you can vote for him and his crew to win!
9. My Isabelle got her first tooth today. . I love my niece with all my heart and I can’t wait til I get to see her again! The countdown is on! : 39 days!
10. I can end my day by nearly giving myself a heart attack while getting wayyy too involved watching the Amazing Race. Cowboys FTW!
Ps. best line of the weekend so far. “I’m not the kind of girl that guys ever hit on at a bar!” “Yeah well that’s because you don’t actually GO to the BAR.” — Touché.