Hallo my friends,
I write to you on Day 5 of mutant cold. The voice seems to be getting slightly better, and my nose is not constantly running, so there is progress — goooooo Vitamins! Garlic & Vitamin C people, I tells ya. It cures me every time.
Last night as I mentioned was the Impact Awards, and it got me thinking about one of my bigger dilemmas…
If you are a friend of mine, and we have ever “talked movies” it’s quite likely that you’ve turned to me at some point in the conversation and said (or screamed in some circumstances) “HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU MAKE FILMS BUT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS?!” – and usually my rebuttal is that I want to make television – but realistically, I’d be happy doing both, and that’s a piss poor excuse for not watching enough movies.
Well let me tell you people, it’s not the end of the world! I can make up the lost time! And since I love blogging so much, I thought, why not watch these movies – and then talk about how I felt about them after! (whether or not they lived up to the hype…) Kinda in a 30 day movie challenge style. I know that there’s definitely way more than 30 movies I could watch, but there’s no way I’m going to commit to that haha. I’m going to start with ten (some are trilogies, so it ends up being a total of __) and then if it goes well, I’ll go from there.
Also, if it goes really well, I want to take suggestions from y’all on what movies I should check out next! So here I go with my list!
My movies to watch list :
1. Star Wars Trilogy – For someone who claims to be such a huge fan of storytelling, it seems really silly that I haven’t yet seen the freaken star wars trilogy! This one will surely be a marathon — my favorite kind of movie watching! Whew!
Plus let’s be honest here, any chance I get to see young sexy Harrison Ford, I will take it!
2. Black Swan – I usually make a point of seeing all of the Oscar “Best Film” nominees of the year, and so far I’ve only gotten to the Social Network & Toy Story 3, so I’ll start with Black Swan — and eventually make my way to King’s Speech, The Fighter, and whatever else I may have missed.
Also, this is a Darren Aranofsky film — which means absolutely nothing to me at the moment, but I’m hoping will after I watch this.
3. Godfather Trilogy (at the very least I’ll watch the first one). – A classic. I haven’t seen many Coppola films, so I figure I’ll start with this and see what else I find along my way.
“On this, the day of my daughter’s wedding” – stupid Family Guy wrecking my brain with phony pop culture references…
4. Trainspotting – On the first day I hung out with Menzies, he suggested I watch this movie. I think it’s time I go for it.
I can already tell that I prefer my Ewan McGregor in his Moulin Rouge style…
5. Ghostbusters 1&2 – Apparently the third is coming out in 2012. Not sure how great that’ll be, but hey, I’m gonna check these out before I’m I see that!
80s special effects are way better anyways.
6. Brazil – I had to pick one Terry Gilliam film, so I went with this one based on M.M. & J.J.’s recommendations.
More DeNiro? Perfect.
7. Taxi Driver – My love for DeNiro shines again. He’s so wonderful. ♥
Plus, he’s clearly a badass with his mohawk.
8. Dog Day Afternoon – Another Menzies recomendation. Pacino. Enough Said.
Plus I read the synopsis on IMDB and it sounded awesome.
9. Inception – Mostly because Nadeem was having a shitfit for a few months last year about how great this movie was, and how Christopher Nolan is a genius, so it’s time. I’m going to watch inception!
It better be as good as the Dark Knight.. Just sayin’.
10. Pulp Fiction – I’m not a big Tarantino fan (unless you mean Tarina Tarantino and her jewelry, cause that stuff rocks.) but it seems like this is the quintessential Tarantino movie, so I guess it’s the one I’ll watch — Jackie Brown is on standby though in case I change my mind.
John Travolta is also one of my favs. Samuel is awesome too.
I told you she made awesome Jewelry.
So that’s it for this post, I’m off to finish season 14 of Amazing Race – the last one I haven’t seen yet – and then I’m off to dreamland.